News & Updates

Stay current, be informed, and expand your resources. Let us keep you updated on everything from the newest products to the latest healthcare news.

April 28th 2011

“We are looking to health care providers to improve the overall quality of care while cutting costs involved in delivering this care.” This is the message that our government continues to send the American people. Maybe someday, someone can explain to me how you significantly improve quality while significantly reducing costs. The two initiatives just don’t seem to fit but that’s exactly what our friends at the responsible agencies in Washington seem to be demanding.  One prime example of this type of thinking, and created by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services  (CMS), is a program recently started which introduces “competitive bidding” for Medicare Home Medical Equipment services. This program is already operational in nine metropolitan areas across the U S with ninety one more to be added in 2012. Current estimates indicate that once operational, this program will force approximately 80% of providers serving Medicare patients out of business nation-wide and take an estimated 100,000 jobs with them while leaving beneficiaries in a position where services and equipment become more and more difficult to obtain. This program might cut costs, but for the life of me I can’t see where there will be any increase in quality. As a matter of fact, quality service could become a thing of the past while restricting patient choice of providers and access to services. At this point we are hoping to see legislation currently in Congress that would repeal this fatally flawed program gain passage in the near future. However, to accomplish this it will require grassroots support from both providers and Medicare beneficiaries and constant communication with our elected officials in Washington. I’m hoping we can count on your help in the future.

April 28th 2011

“Worry Free” is our goal for your billing experience. At Legacy, we know that between dealing with the insurance companies and paying medical expenses, it can feel like anything but worry free. That’s why we provide In-House billing!

April 28th 2011

Here at Legacy we have an extensive team of knowledgeable full-time respiratory therapists, technicians, and customer service staff who provide quality respiratory equipment and support therapy. Our respiratory products and services include oxygen, CPAP-BiPAP, nebulizers, unit dose medications, home respiratory assessments, and overnight oximetry.

April 28th 2011

Our products offer safety and independence. Canes, Crutches, Bedside Commodes, Manual and Rollator Walkers, and bathroom safety equipment are all included in our ambulatory product line

April 28th 2011

We carry Manual & Transport Wheel chairs along with Semi-Electric Home Care beds that are safe, durable and damage resistant.

April 28th 2011

We carry top brands in home respiratory products and supplies. Each product is serviced and maintained by our experienced Technicians

April 18th 2011

Medicare and most private insurances will pay for all related supplies as long as you qualify for the machine.

April 18th 2011

This varies depending on your insurance coverage. Very few insurance policies pay 100% of charges. If you have private insurance, you need to check with them to see what percentage they pay. Medicare pays 80% of their allowable charges. That means that you are responsible for the remaining 20%. If you have a Medicare supplement it may pay all or part of that amount. There is also a yearly deductible that most insurances make you pay.

April 18th 2011

Home oxygen equipment is never purchased by Medicare. Medicare will pay a total of 36 rental months and then no payment is received for the next 24 months, for a total of 60 months. During that time, your level of service remains the same. This means that, if you were receiving portable tanks during the first 36 months, you will continue to receive them. We will continue to do routine maintenance and service. At the end of 60 months you may receive a new concentrator and the billing cycle starts all over again. The equipment remains the property of the DME provider.

April 18th 2011

Rent to purchase means that Medicare will rent an item for 13 months and then they consider the item purchased and it belongs to the beneficiary.